Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic has many dedicated physicians whose days do not always end when office hours or surgery is over. In the evenings and on weekends many of the doctors provide orthopaedic care to the local sports teams.
Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic’s sports medicine involvement dates back to the mid 1970’s, when Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic’s retired surgeon, Dr. Donald Reibel, became the official orthopaedic consultant to North Carolina State University athletic department. This involvement continues today through Dr. Robert Wyker, Dr. Lyman Smith, Dr. David Boone, Dr. Matthew Boes, Dr. Joseph Barker and Dr. Edwin Cadet. Dr. Edwin Cadet and Dr. David Dare also serve as official Sports Medicine Orthopaedic Physicians for Shaw University.
Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic also has a strong relationship with professional organizations. Dr. William Isbell is the head team orthopaedic surgeon and Dr. Joseph Barker is the co-head team orthopaedic surgeon for the Carolina Hurricanes professional hockey team. In addition, Dr. Lyman Smith and Dr. Kevin Logel worked closely with the Carolina Ballet and Dr. Hadley Callaway served as the Team Physician for the USA Men’s Hockey Team.
High School Teams
In addition, our sports medicine doctors provide expert care for numerous local schools.
- Dr. Lyman Smith – team physician for Garner Magnet High School
- Dr. Edwin Cadet– team physician for Southeast Raleigh High School & South Garner High School
- Dr. David Boone – team physician for Sanderson High School
- Dr. Joseph Barker – team physician for Broughton High School
- Dr. David Dare – team physician for Saint Mary’s School