Orthopedic Surgery for the Triangle Community
Raleigh Orthopaedic offers two facilities for outpatient procedures requiring stays of 23 hours or less: Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center and Orthopaedic Surgery Center of Panther Creek. Both ambulatory surgery centers focus on bone, joint, spine, and muscle care, along with complex surgical procedures such as total joint (hip and knee) replacements and spinal operations. Our team of experienced physicians and professional staff is committed to excellence – patients experience superior service, safety, and satisfaction because our physicians are fully involved in every aspect of each patient’s care. Our goal is to expedite your safe return to a healthy, active, and productive lifestyle.
Orthopedic Surgery Procedures We Perform
Our surgeons at Raleigh Orthopaedic specialize in every manner of orthopedic surgery and care. No matter what type of orthopedic injury or condition you are facing, a member of our team will be here to provide an accurate diagnosis and determine if surgery is necessary. Although we aim for conservative treatments to manage orthopedic issues, we also commonly perform the following surgical procedures in Wake County:
- Arthroscopy, employed to treat problems occurring inside the joint using an arthroscope.
- Soft tissue repair, for torn ligaments and tendons.
- Joint replacement, in which a damaged joint is replaced with a prosthesis.
- Revision joint surgery, where a pre-existing implant is replaced with a new one.
- Bone fracture repair with internal fixation, performed when broken pieces of bone are repositioned using metal plates, screws, or pins.
- Debridement, during which damaged soft tissues or bones are removed.
- Fusion of bones, in which bones are fused with grafts.
- Spine fusion, during which the spinal bones (vertebrae) are joined together.
- Osteotomy, aimed at correcting bone deformities.
Preparing for Orthopedic Surgery
Preparing for surgery begins as soon as you schedule your procedure. Download the Preparing for Surgery Brochure for more information on the steps before your surgery, at the location of your choice.
On the day of surgery you will arrive approximately two hours prior to your appointment. One of our staff will greet you at the front desk and give you and your family a tour of the facility. You will then be registered and taken back to a pre-op room where we will help prepare you for your procedure.
Explore Additional Services at Raleigh Orthopaedic
At Raleigh Orthopaedic, we want to help you get back to doing what you love. With a focus on conservative treatment methods and helping patients avoid surgery whenever possible, we ensure that each patient fully understands their options and has the opportunity to ask questions along the way. We are proud to provide those of all ages in Wake County with orthopedic services that make all the difference.