The group fitness classes are led by licensed and certified professionals who guide people of all ages through the CORE Program to help you reach your health goals. Our group classes offer a variety of exercises that will provide lasting results all set in a fun and social environment!
All group classes are one hour long. To protect our patients and staff, all CORE classes are cancelled until at least April 30, 2020.
Please note: All CORE Program group classes are held at our Raleigh Clinic location: 3001 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh, NC 27612
CORE Program Group Fitness Classes:
- Joints in Motion
- CORE N’ More
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise Class
- Other Specialty Group Fitness Classes
Joints in Motion: Exercise with Joint Protection in Mind
One third of adults in the United States have joint pain. Joint damage can be painful and interfere with your ability to move around the way you want. The pain can be so extreme that it prevents you from doing the activities you love. Focusing on proper exercise mechanics can help you both alleviate and avoid pain and, most importantly, get you back to doing the things you love!
Get active, feel good, and protect your joints!
Joints in Motion is designed for anyone looking for a good workout with joint protection in mind. This class includes a little bit of everything with a variety of muscle strengthening, cardio, balance, and flexibility exercises in a fun group setting. Licensed fitness professionals lead the class and ensure that exercises are performed safely and correctly to avoid injury.
Joints in Motion is offered at 2 levels – one for beginners and one for more advanced participants. Both levels focus on the following aspects:
- Proper warm-up and cool down
- Total body stretching and flexibility exercises
- Safe posture and body mechanics
- Total body strengthening program
- Keys to maintaining happy joints through exercise and activity modification
CORE n’ More: Basics of Spinal Stabilization and Strengthening
4 out of 5 Americans experience severe back pain at some point in their lives. Back pain is often caused by poor posture, which stems from a weak core. Weakened core muscles contribute to slouching and improper form while performing everyday activities, such as housework or sitting at a desk. Over time, these activities produce strain on your body, especially in the back. Back pain can be debilitating and keep you from doing the activities you love. Exercises that focus on strengthening the core can help alleviate this pain, prevent future pain, and lead to better balance and stability.
CORE n’ More is designed for those interested in strengthening their body with a focus on stabilizing the core. This class provides core-strengthening exercises that produce lasting results. Classes are led by certified professionals and are set in a positive environment with others working towards the same goal.
Core N’ More is offered at 2 levels – one for beginners and one for more advanced participants. Both levels focus on the following aspects:
- Proper warm-up and cool down
- Correct use of core muscles during posture, exercises, and everyday activities
- Core Strengthening and Flexibility
Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program
Did You Know?
- Engaging in moderate physical activity at least 3 times per week can reduce the risk of arthritis-related disability by 47%
- Exercise is considered the most effective non-drug treatment for reducing pain and improving movement in osteoarthritis
The Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program is specifically designed by the Arthritis Foundation for people who are less active, who may have arthritis related pain, and who are looking to improve their health. Each class includes a variety of gentle exercises that can be performed while sitting, standing, or lying on the floor.
Classes are led by CORE Program Instructors who have been properly trained through a special Arthritis Foundation instructor-training workshop. The purpose of this program is to help:
- reduce pain and stiffness
- restore and maintain joint range of motion
- maintain or increase muscle strength
- improve balance and coordination
- decrease fatigue and increase endurance
- improve overall perceived health status
Other Group Fitness Specialty Classes: