For patients scheduling surgery at REX or WakeMed
**This class is different than the one you will attend at Rex or WakeMed, as their class focuses mainly on the hospital stay.
The goal of the Raleigh Orthopaedic Total Joint Pre-Operative Class is to improve patient’s functional outcome following surgery. The classes are taught by our therapy staff and they will cover ambulation, transfers, assistive devices, adaptive equipment, pain management, diet and weight control, pre-operative and post-operative exercises, balance, return to work and activity, post-operative rehab milestones and precautions. You can choose to attend the class at our Edwards Mill location in Raleigh or in Garner, in the PT department.
Total Knee Class
- Edwards Mill Location: Every Monday from 11:00am-12:00pm
- Garner Location: 3rd Friday of every month from 10:30am-11:30am
Total Hip Class
- Edwards Mill Location: Every Thursday from 10:00am-11:00am
- Garner Location: 4th Friday of every month from 10:30am-11:30pm
**There is no fee for attending this class**
To schedule, please call 919-863-6872
- Edwards Mill Location: 3001 Edwards Mill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27612
- Garner Location: 1325 Timber Dr. East, Garner, NC 27529