Raleigh Orthopaedic offers two facilities for outpatient procedures requiring stays of 23 hours or less: Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center and Orthopaedic Surgery Center of Panther Creek. Both ambulatory surgery centers focus on bone, joint, spine, and muscle care and complex surgical procedures including. total joint (hip and knee) replacements and spinal operations. Our team of experienced physicians and professional staff is committed to excellence – patients experience superior service, safety, and satisfaction because our physicians are fully involved in every aspect of care. Our goal is to expedite your safe return to a healthy, active, and productive lifestyle.
Common Surgeries Performed
- Arthroscopy, employed to treat problems occurring inside the joint using an arthroscope.
- Soft tissue repair, for torn ligaments and tendons.
- Joint replacement, in which a damaged joint is replaced with a prosthesis.
- Revision joint surgery, where a pre-existing implant is changed with a new one.
- Bone fracture repair with internal fixation, performed when broken pieces of bone are repositioned using metal plates, screws, or pins.
- Debridement, during which damaged soft tissues or bones are removed.
- Fusion of bones, in which bones are fused with grafts.
- Spine fusion, during which the spinal bones (vertebrae) are joined together.
- Osteotomy, aimed at correcting bone deformities.
About our Surgery Centers in Wake County
3001 Edwards Mill Road, Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27612
The Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center, which opened in 2013, brings together two premier organizations to provide patients with a new level of orthopaedic surgical excellence. It is the largest, most modern outpatient orthopaedic surgery center in the Triangle, featuring four operating rooms and two procedure rooms with state-of-the-art technology. The Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). This demonstrates our commitment to providing the highest quality of care available with outstanding patient satisfaction, superior clinical outcomes, and reduced costs.
6715 McCrimmon Parkway, Suite 100
Cary, NC 27519
The Orthopaedic Surgery Center of Panther Creek opened in September 2020 and is the second largest outpatient surgery center in the Triangle to specialize exclusively in orthopaedics. This center is a partnership between Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic, UNC Rex, and UNC Health. Our 24,290 square foot facility provides one operating room and two procedure rooms for outpatient procedures requiring stays of 23 hours or less.
Preparing for Surgery
Preparing for surgery begins as soon as you schedule your procedure. Download the Preparing for Surgery Brochure for more information on preparing for your surgery.
Raleigh Orthopaedic Surgery Center: PREPARING FOR SURGERY BROCHURE
Orthopaedic Surgery Center of Panther Creek: PREPARING FOR SURGERY BROCHURE
On the day of surgery you will arrive approximately two hours prior to surgery. One of our staff will greet you at the front desk and give you and your family a tour of the facility. You will then be registered and taken back to a pre-op room where you will prepare for your procedure.