David W. Boone, MD
Dr. David Boone joined Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic in 1994 following the completion of fellowship training in foot and ankle surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin that same year.Dr. Boone's practice focuses on athletic injuries, reconstructive procedures, and fractures of the foot and ankle. In addition to being board certified in orthopaedic surgery, he holds subspecialty certification in orthopaedic sports medicine. His practice also focuses on sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery of the knee, including anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Dr. Boone serves as one of the team physicians for North Carolina State University and also volunteers his time as team physician for Sanderson High School. After graduating from Sanderson High School in 1979, he went to Davidson College, where he graduated magna cum laude and was selected to join Phi Beta Kappa. Following graduation from Davidson, he attended UNC-Chapel Hill for medical school and then completed his orthopaedic residency at the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga. Dr. Boone has presented research and instructional lectures at state and national meetings and he is published in the orthopaedic literature. During his orthopaedic career in Raleigh, Dr Boone has served as chairman of the orthopaedic departments at both WakeMed and Rex Hospital, and from 2006-2007, he served as president of the North Carolina Orthopaedic Association. Dr. Boone is board certified in orthopaedic surgery and also has received subspecialty board certification in sports medicine.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Boone, please call (919)863-6808.
Dr. Boone's Team:
Clinical Assistant- Lynne
(919)781-5600 Ext.5633 (voicemail only)
Executive Medical Administrative Assistant- Kathy
Mid Level Provider
Sanderson High School
North Carolina State University
Professional OrganizationsFellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Member, North Carolina Medical Society
Member, North Carolina Orthopaedic Association, President, 2007
Member, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
Joined Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic in 1994
Publications and Presentations
- March 2013- Dr. Boone invited to speak at the AAOS annual meeting for the third consecutive year.
- Spetmber 2012- Dr. David Boone Discusses Achilles Tendon Injuries with John Forslund on 99.9 The Fan
- February 2012- For the second year in a row, Dr. Boone has been invited to speak at the AAOS annual meeting, follow this link to view his presentation on selected foot and ankle disorders including achilles tendon problems, posterior tibial tendon pathology and posterior ankle pain.
- September 2011- Dr. Boone presents on Degenerative Disorders of the Foot and Ankle at the 2011 Concepts in Orthopaedic Care Symposium, follow this link to view his presentation on arthritic conditions of the foot and ankle such as hallus rigidus of the great toe, rheumatoid arthrtis of the foot, and midfoot arthritis. Various tendon disorders of the foot are presented as well.
- April 2011- Dr. Boone hosts a webinar on Bunion Surgery
- February 2011- Dr. Boone invited to speak at the 2011 AAOS Annual Meeting
Office LocationsGarner Office
North Raleigh Office
Raleigh Orthopaedic Edwards Mill
Subspecialty Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, ABOS(2008) SpecialtyFoot & Ankle
Sports Medicine- Knee
Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic is proud be the Team Orthopaedist for the Carolina Hurricanes and NC State University. learn more »